Act 1 ： Mum, I go out
- The boy came home after school. He opens the door and enters the house.
- His mother was sitting in the armchair, as she feels not so well; his baby brother is playing on the floor.
Boy : mum, I’m back.
Mum ： my dear son, I feel very bad today, my head is painful, I just took the pills, I have to take a rest. You make lunch for yourself.
Boy : OK, mum, don’t worry and I take care of myself.
- The boy went into the kitchen to cook noodle for himself.
- Later, baby brother smelled the noodle; he gets in the kitchen and says to his brother
Baby brother: Brother, I want to eat noodle.
Boy : No, just have one pack left; it’s enough for me.
Baby brother: please share a little with me.
Boy : No!
Baby brother: please!
Boy : I said no, get away of me!
- Baby brother went to their mum cry and shout. The boy ate quickly in the kitchen, as he doesn’t want to share with his baby brother.
Baby brother: Umumum, mother, brother bullied me, he asked me to go to hell.
Mum : oh no, what’s the matter with you.
Boy : nothing.
Mum: why did you use those words to scold your brother?
Boy : No, I didn’t. He wanted to eat my noodle.
Baby brother: mother, I want to eat noodle.
Mum: My boy, help me to make one for your brother.
Boy : no, mother, we have no more noodles here.
Mum: oh no, I forgot to buy it yesterday. Then you go and buy some.
Boy : no, I can’t, because I have a lot of homework to do today.
Mum: all right, baby, let mum rest a while and I will bring you to Mc Donald later.
Baby brother: yeh! I can go to Mc Donald later.
Act 2 ：help…
- Mother slept and the baby bother plays in the hall, the boy came out to the hall after finishing his lunch.
- The baby brother was moving a toy car around the hall and says: to Mc Donald boot boot…
- The boy was out of patience as baby brother disturb him, he attacks baby brother down to the floor.
- The baby brother cries out.
Mum: oh no, why did you make him cry again.
Boy : he was playing too loudly to affect me to do homework.
Mum: all right, my boys, you do your homework, and you come to the room together with me.
- Phone ring.
Boy : Hello.
Boy A: Hello John？
Boy A: this is Alan, we found something new, come and play.
Boy: OK, I’m coming right now.
- The boy hangs on the phone while the mother is taking the baby brother to the room.
Boy: mother, give me some money, I go out with my friends.
Mum: no, you said you have a lot of homework to do, why not stay at home and do it.
Boy: I will finish it after I come back.
Mum: no! Go back to your room, stay in the room and do your homework.
- The mother brings the baby brother to the room and comes out to lock the door.
- The boy felt unhappy in the room. The phone rang again.
Boy A: hey, we’re waiting for you.
Boy: my mother won’t allow me to go out.
Boy A: why is your mother was so unreasonable, we have children’s right, and we can go anywhere we want to go. We have the rights to play!
Boy: Right! Ok, anyway I’ll try my best to come down.
Boy A: ok, we are waiting, come quickly!
Act 3：what are you doing crazy boy？
- The boy went out from the room and tries to open the door quietly, but the door has been locked, the key isn’t there.
Boy: (mutter) oh, the door is locked, where is the key? Oh no…
- The boy gets back to the room sadly. Later, he saw the water-pipe outside of the window. He opens the window and looks down.
Boy: (talk to himself) oh my, it’s 30th floor.
- He feels a little scared. A while he draws a deep breath and says to himself:
- He scrambled over the window and stands on the very narrow brick board
- He moves carefully to the water pipe, he holds the pipe in tensely and slides down.
- He felt tire after slid down to 15th floor. He was puffing and shouts:
Boy: Help! Somebody come to help me. Please! Help! Help…
- Boy’s mates from ground heard the crying; they raise their head look and cry:
Boy A: oh my God! why didn’t he take the lift!
Boy B: it’s you, you asked him to come quickly and he think this way is the fastest.
- A couple of the neighbors look out of the window after they hear the boy is shouting.
Male neighbor: oh my god, what are you doing there? It’s the15th floor, are you crazy?
Boy: I will fall down…please help me.
Male neighbor: how can I help you? Oh my dear neighbor boy, I will fall down and die if I climb out of the window.
Female neighbor: we can call the police to come and give helping.
Male neighbor: oh yeah, why didn’t I think of that? My dear, why are you standing here, go and phone the police.
Female neighbor: yes, I’m going right now (After connect to the 999) Hello,
Police: Hello, this is 999, any emergency?
Female neighbor: yes, this is Yat Tung Estate, there’s something trouble here, a boy climbed out the window and now he is hanging on the water pipe dangerously, please come and save him.
Police: OK, we’ll come right away.
Male neighbor: don’t be afraid my crazy boy, the police are coming. Hold on a while, don’t lose your hand, otherwise, you will fall down and you’ll become a mess on the floor.
- Police and fireman come; one fireman puts the air cushion on the floor, another go up to the 15th floor and save the boy out of danger.
Act 4：this is 999, any emergency？
- A police officer brings the boy back to his house and gives his mother a warning.
Police: is he your son?
Police: you know he did a very dangerous thing. He used the pipe to climb down to the ground.
Mum: oh dear.
Police: Now I’m giving you a warning this time, please take care of your son and give him a good upbringing, otherwise you would be charged for neglect.
Mum: yes sir,
- The police officer leaves the house.